Recycling points can be found in numerous places around college.
The Lensfield Road houses also have black recycling boxes for cans, paper tins and glass (these go out every other Thursday), as well as blue recycling box for plastic bottles only. There are paper recycling bins in the MCR and the flats in the Singer building. For a list of what can go into each container and other recycling information see here.
There is a Council recycling point in Adam & Eve Street car park, on the way to the Grafton Centre, where paper, cans, glass and plastic bottles are collected for recycling. You can find this recycling point in this map. However… reduce and re-use are always preferable to recycling.
- CUSU Green Campaign – with a list of college Green Officers
- Cambridge Environmental Initiative (CEI)
- Cambridge Sustainable City – “Cambridge City Council’s programme of working with partners and the community of Cambridge to improve the environment and promote more sustainable lifestyles, including details of local recycling sites.”
- Frontier Projects – A useful site with info on conservation, field research and other projects
- Groundwork – Community-based work
- Environ – Wide-ranging UK environmental information
- Greenpeace UK
- Friends of the Earth
- Energy Savings Trust
- ActionAid Recycling
- Permaculture UK – comprehensive links page